About the role:
Working at PSL, you will be part of a team that respect each other’s skills whilst striving to achieve excellence. PSL relies on our Business Analysts to ensure clients get the most out of our systems. We require our Business Analysts to have a rare blend of domain knowledge (either business or technical) and superb communications skills to engage with clients at all stages of the lifecycle.
You will be involved in Project Start up by:
- Participating in and facilitating workshops as part of project initiation.
- Collaborate with clients to gather and understand requirements.
- Capturing requirements in an unambiguous way to aid the development process.
- Complete analysis of requirements and complete an assessment of how requirements can be achieved.
- Create and maintain epics and user stories in Jira in line with PSL standards.
- Collaborate with the development team in order to identify options and propose alternative solutions to meet client business requirements.
- Manage client expectations.
- Facilitate and organise the estimation process, working with the delivery team to produce ballpark, order of magnitude and more detailed formal estimates as applicable.
- Document business requirements and functionality gaps in a Business Requirements Document.
- Document functional requirements in a Functional Specification
- Create wire frame mock-up’s, process flows, swim lane diagrams etc to support requirements analysis.
- Support post live ‘warranty’ phase.
- Communicate releases to PSL support team before going live.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of business transformation or change management.
- Demonstrable experience as a business analyst using standard based methodologies such as Waterfall or Agile.
- Experience of authoring high quality functional documentation.
- Experience of contributing to technical documentation.
- Working within a development team and alongside other BA’s.
- Knowledge of development of IT applications or understanding of technology driven projects.
- Financial lending services experience (mortgages, unsecured lending, commercial lending, deposits, asset finance, origination and servicing) either within a financial service company or a supplier to the industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- You will actively seek opportunities for improvement
- Keep up to date with industry sector developments
- Actively seek improvements to processes and systems, contributing to our culture of continuous improvement
- PSL Business Analysts need to ask the right questions to identify solutions to real world problems. As the BA you will own requirements from cradle to grave and are as happy working with our clients as they are with their PSL delivery team.
- You will report into the Business Analyst lead and be integral in all aspects of the Product lifecycle.
The following are desirable:
- Atlassian toolset exposure (Jira / Confluence)
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org