Leadership and Team Management
- To lead, manage, coach and support a P4 client delivery team to deliver solutions
- To inspire the team to improve and learn
- Motivate and mentor team members to be the best that they can be
- Responsible for ensuring that the team is capable of rapid, seamless and reliable delivery to Client environments
- To set clear objectives and manage the performance & development of the team as appropriate, to ensure they are adequately equipped to undertake their roles
- To collaborate with key stakeholders supporting effective resource allocation of the team, ensuring they hit client targets, whilst continually being exposed to new opportunities to improve their knowledge base
- To highlight risks & suggest solutions to ensure effective delivery.
- To support check-ins and development of team members
Process, Standards and Improvements
- To consistently evaluate efficiency and make changes & improvements as necessary
- Ensure the team develop against company standards and compliance regulations
- Maintain adherence to process & quality standards by all team members
- Monitor and analyse the root cause and patterns in defects across deliveries to identify process improvements
- Actively contribute to all development process improvements.
- Contribute to the Company objectives and targets to ensure that they are consistently achieved
- To maintain a secure and effective development environment
- To ensure consistent & efficient delivery of PSL software, working with others to translate the roadmap features into manageable components/tasks
- The design, develop and implement software solutions, to required standards and required levels of quality.
- Continuous learning to ensure expertise with the existing software architecture and development languages(s).
- Continuous learning to ensure expertise with functional aspects of the software solution.
- Continuous learning to ensure expertise and compliance with the software development lifecycle
- The creation of appropriate unit tests associated with the development of software solutions.
- The creation of appropriate documentation associated with the development of software solutions.
- Support for software Systems Integration Testing
- Strong leadership, able to motivate and deliver through others
- Demonstratable experience of leading and managing small teams delivering commercial applications
- Demonstrable experience of leading technical teams
- Demonstrable experience developing software within a commercial environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills
- Experience with Git or another industry standard SCM
- Competency in SQL
- Experience of communicating with clients and building relationships
- Experience of the full project lifecycle
- Java experience, including but not limited to Spring boot, Junit, JPA, Hibernate and Maven
- Familiarity with CI or CD
- Exposure to financial services systems
- Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- P4 Development – training will be provided
- Curious – to learn new technologies