The successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to work within an agile software environment, supporting the delivery of business software to existing clients. Working as part of a close-knit team, they will work on multiple projects from concept through to completion and maintenance. The incumbent will also undertake production support to the required standards and specifications.
- Ability to learn P4; a java based, proprietary 4th generation language that drives the core of the Phoebus systems
- Produce software and specifications to the required standards and quality
- Support software maintenance and debugging all aspects of project code
- Demonstrate knowledge of standards, methods and tools; selecting and applying the most appropriate
- Design and implementation of systems based on outline specifications provided by the Business
- Demonstrate understanding of the application areas, development environments and project life cycle
- Produce documentation to the required standards and quality without the need for major re-writes or re-issue due to errors in comprehension
- Practice test driven development (TDD) and write automated tests
- Support system integration testing including input into test planning
- Produce effective written communication to the standard required
- Proactive identification and implementation of service improvements
- Accuracy of fixes demonstrated by minimal/zero downtime of live systems and by meeting stated SLA
- Maintain accurate information detailing actions required/undertaken
- Maintain a continuing knowledge of programming languages and acquire new skills as the on-going systems development requires
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Line Manager including support
- Willing to travel to client sites (including overnight stays) when required
- Receptive to new ways of work and technologies
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Gathering Information
- General programming skills and understanding.
- Full experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Personal flexibility to meet business goals.
- You must be authorised to live and work in the UK
- An understanding of structured programming.
- Knowledge and demonstrable use of Java or a similar language, e.g. C#.
- A firm understanding of Relational databases including SQL.
- Git source control
- Automated testing
- Windows operating systems
- Understanding of unit testing and / or TDD frameworks
To apply, send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Please only apply if you are legally authorised to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future.