PSL’s network infrastructure and Private Cloud offering has grown over the last few years and we need to maintain and automate these services. PSL needs to innovate within this space to stay ahead of the market.
As an IT Technician you will be working with our Service Transition team reporting to the Senior IT Engineer. You will work closely with our Service Ops and Security supporting our Clients and internal staff.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems
- Assisting staff with all IT related queries and incidents
- Provide first and second line support to clients both internally and externally
- Become the first point of contact for the Service Desk
- Accurately records information and updates tickets via our ticket management system
- Installing and configuring new IT equipment
- The ability to quickly gain a clear understanding of technical challenges to systems
- Demonstrates a willingness to take ownership and see things through to resolution
You will join a busy Operations team and will work closely with other departments across the business.
Following agreed procedures, receives requests for assistance by providing information to enable callers to solve their problems. Maintains accurate log entries of contact with resolution details and follow-up information.
Helps to promote sharing of knowledge within the team by assisting as required in cross training and maintaining a disciplined document management process.
Grades A-C in GCSE Maths and English Language
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365
- Hands on experience with Server 2012 and 2016 Operating Systems and Services
- Hands on experience and knowledge with desktop applications, including various Windows versions, MS Office, Anti-virus products
- Hands on experience with Active Directory
- Office 365 Administration
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and issue resolution techniques
- A good understanding of VMware, Cloud and Internet Technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Well Organised
- Finding Solutions
- Gathering Information
- Passion for IT
- Proactive and ambitious
To apply, send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com
** Please only apply if you are legally authorised to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future.