Our continued expansion of the PSL Product has created an opportunity to join our successful team in shaping and developing our Product direction. This is a key role which will include multiple responsibilities.
The Product development team at PSL is developing a modern Mortgage Focussed product for sale and deployment to existing and new PSL clients.
The PSL Product is underpinned by modern technology and modern ways of working and deployment
- Design, development and implementation of solutions based on outline specifications provided by the Product Owner and Application Architects.
- Produce program code and specifications to the required standards and quality.
- Support system integration testing including input into test planning.
- Produce effective written communication to the standard required.
- Proactive identification and implementation of service improvements.
- Flexibility to assist with trouble shooting, environment management, product demonstrations and coaching and mentoring of other members of the team
Development planning and estimating.
- Work with RESTful API’s and integrations with 3rd Party Systems
- Work with front end developers to create web apps
- Develop code with automated unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with business analysts to refine requirements
- Discuss technical specifications with teams
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Provide advice and guidance to other developers
- Demonstrable extensive Java experience
- Strong Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven
- Knowledge of Git and SQL
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrable experience within a software development environment delivering commercial applications
- Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies, techniques and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, to achieve goals as agreed by within a self directed team
- Full-stack development experience
- Familiarity with CI or CD
- Understanding of front end development
- MongoDB & MD-SQL Server
- Exposure to financial services systems
- Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Curious – to learn new technologies