PSL’s continued expansion has created an opportunity to join our successful team in shaping and developing our Innovation function in supporting our transition to a client centric, product-based, Agile Scrum organisation.
The Phoebus Product Owner will have full ownership for the priority of the development of new and existing features within core PSL Applications, to meet market, client and competitive requirements.
The Phoebus Product Owner is an internal PSL focused role, which will continue to drive PSL towards and industry standard Agile Scrum approach.
- Backlog Management: Ensure that items on the backlog are clear and visible to all Stakeholders; Ensure that the Development Team understand the backlog items; Ensures that the Backlog is maintained and is up to date; Prioritises and orders items within the backlog in line with Market, Client, Competitive and internal PSL requirements, to enable the Scrum team to achieve its goals
- Communication: Ensure that all Stakeholders are aware of the Backlog and Roadmap, including release content; Responsible for the communication of the scope of features; Responsible for collecting feedback from Clients, Competition, the Market and internal PSL employees; Communication of new features and functionality changes to all stakeholders.
- Agile Scrum ceremonies and artefacts: Participation at all relevant Agile Scum ceremonies: Identify and document requirements, clearly articulate user stories, journey flows and acceptance criteria to enable the successful delivery of features in a periodic release deployment; Responsible for the management and prioritization of the development team backlog, and contributing to the definition of sprint goals; Responsible for the acceptance of Stories as “done”.
- Organisation: Build a strong relationship with the Scrum Master, development team, and technology organisation helping to plan delivery sprints and helping to continuously improve the way the team works – encouraging them to inspect, adapt and embrace learnings; Work closely with Operations teams to ensure that security is applied consistently and complies to policies where necessary.
- Define and approve releases
- Facilitate cross team collaboration to ensure success in achieving targets; Lead regular showcases to present progress to the wider PSL organisation
- Champion an Agile approach to the development of new features, learning through automated testing and determining the most appropriate MVP and iteratively roll-out key improvements.
- Ensure there is a common understanding of how Product based approaches can be leveraged and implemented at an enterprise level across the business and underpin this with appropriate coaching/training to facilitate successful cultural habits
- R&D activities to ensure that the Phoebus Applications remain contemporary including PoC processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, IT or business related
- At least 7 years of experience within an Agile and/or Product Environment
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Demonstrable Agile Product Owner experience gained within an Agile team, ideally in a FinTech / Financial Services organisation
- Strong technical acumen to help to support sprint planning and any pre=planning sessions
- Solid planning skills and the ability to always look ahead, highlight issues and risks, providing solutions and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of software development with experience leading a self-supporting developer team
- Demonstrable experience in a matrix organisation with strong influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of modern software deployment, publishing of applications and deployment methods
- Demonstrable experience of contemporary systems architectures
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence and similar Agile tools
- Experience of working in regulated environments
- Exposure to Test Driven Design
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and confidence to challenge others in the right way
To apply, send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com
** Please only apply if you are legally authorised to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future.