Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our successful team in shaping and developing our Technology function, supporting our transition to a client centric, product-based organisation. This is a key role which will include multiple responsibilities.
The API development team at PSL provide a number of essential services to PSL Clients. The foundation of Phoebus is a large JAVA application which is augmented with a variety of growing API integrations and WEB and Digital services.
- Design, development and implementation of solutions based on outline specifications provided by the Product Owner and Application Architects
- Working within an Agile Scrum team, ensure that appropriate ceremonies are attended, and appropriate contributions made.
- Produce program code and specifications to the required standards and quality.
- Support system integration testing including input into test planning.
- Produce effective written communication to the standard required.
- Proactive identification and implementation of service improvements.
- Flexibility to assist with trouble shooting, environment management, product demonstrations and coaching and mentoring of other members of the team
- Development planning and estimating.
- Active engagement at Agile Scrum ceremonies
- Develop RESTful API’s and integrations with 3rd Party Systems
- Work with front end developers to create web apps
- Develop code with automated unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with business analysts to refine requirements
- Discuss technical specifications with teams
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Provide advice and guidance to other developers
- Demonstrable and extensive Java experience
- Extensive experience within an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven
- Knowledge of Git and SQL
- Experience working in a flexible environment
- Demonstrable experience within a software development environment delivering commercial applications
- Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies, techniques and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, to achieve goals as agreed by within a self directed team
- Full-stack development experience
- Familiarity with CI or CD
- Understanding of front end development
- MS-SQL Server
- Exposure to financial services systems
- Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Curious to learn new technologies
To apply, send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Please only apply if you are legally authorised to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future.