About the role:
Join PSL and become an integral member of our Client Delivery team, accountable for developing and owning your client relationships. Working with colleagues across Client Services who are all focussed on delivering high quality implementations to our growing portfolio of clients. You will be passionate about continuous improvement as the role requires an innovative approach to change and project delivery. Reporting to the Head of Client Delivery, you will be comfortable with working autonomously and able to make commercially based decisions resulting in positive outcomes to the business.
The Project Manager owns the client relationship and has overall responsibility for the success and profitability of client work performed by the delivery team.
- Form strong business partnerships through building and nurturing trusted client relationships.
- Work with clients to achieve a clear view of pipelines.
- Ensure PSL delivery supports PSL’s Net Promotor Score targets
- Identify and pursue opportunities for revenue growth
- Submit revenue and non-charge forecasts to PMO
- Track actuals against forecasts and ensure delivery against forecasts
- Manage client month end financials and invoicing
- Manage project spend against client budgets
- Ensure PSL delivery supports PSL’s financial targets
Delivery of Client Work
- Support the project team in the successful delivery of client work.
- Ensure client work is planned and delivered to support commitments made to clients
- Manage and resolve dependencies between client work
- Monitor and control delivery activities
- Identify issues early and ensure effective and timely corrective action is taken
- Take ownership for resolving issues and escalations
- Ensure Governance adherence.
- Ensure weekly project status reporting is completed and gives a true representation of the project. Where applicable, project reports can be prepared jointly with the Client
- Lead internal and external steering meetings
- Ensure all work has formal client approval to proceed and formal Client acceptance when complete
- Ensure all changes follow the change management process
- Financial management
- Risk and issue management
- Manage change through the SDLC
Project Management Practice
- Contribute to the Project Management practices by contributing to improvements in processes, methods and tools
- Lead knowledge creation, sharing and coaching
- Ensure processes are followed and auditable
Role holders will be experienced project managers with a flair for client management in fast paced, challenging environments. Adaptable and skilled at knowledge sharing and challenging opinions with a view to drive business improvement with a commercial perspective.
Role holders will hold the following skills and competencies:
- Relevant experience of a similar role, ideally within the technology sector
- Client management and stakeholder management
- Project and resource planning
- Financial ownership and forecasting
- Commercially aware and astute
- Understanding of Governance principals
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of enforcing processes
- Understanding of key project management principles ideally certified in Prince2 or PMP
- Understanding of software development lifecycles
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing and high pressure environment
- Ability to travel to client sites (as necessary)
Experience of Jira and exposure to Agile within the financial or mortgage sector would be beneficial
Please send your CV along with a covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com