Phoebus Software Ltd has a strategy to create a modern, scalable platform through the creation of automation and modernisation of its core Phoebus Product, which will include the addition of new functional features based on market and regulatory expectations and requirements. This is a key role which will include multiple responsibilities.
Co-ordinate the development activities for Client Services teams including supervision and direction of the team. Coaching and implementation of Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Lead the team(s) to reach consensus for what can be achieved during a specified period of time
- Helping the team to reach consensus during the daily scrum
- Lead the team to ensure that they stay focused and follow the agreed-upon rules for daily scrums
- Remove obstacles that are impeding the team’s progress
- Protect the development team from outside distractions
- Ensure that the development team as a whole delivers against its outcomes and commitments, to the required level of quality.
- Helping the team to stay focused and follow the agreed-upon rules for daily scrums
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers, internal and external.
- Guiding the team on self-organising
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Educated to at least degree level in a Computer Science or associated discipline
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team, delivering commercial applications, that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.)
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various aspects of the Scrum approach. E.g. Burndown technologies, Retrospectives, Bugs management etc.).
- Strong JIRA and Confluence knowledge
- Strong knowledge of unit and integration testing approaches
- Knowledge of Git and SQL
- Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies, techniques and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, to achieve goals as agreed by within a self directed team
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Familiarity with CI or CD
- Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Knowledge of a variety of Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
To apply for this job please send your CV to email@example.com or, if you have a LinkedIn account, click on the button.