About the role:
Co-ordinate the development activities for Client Services teams including supervision and direction of the team. Coaching and implementation of Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Lead the team(s) to reach consensus for what can be achieved during a specified period of time
- Helping the team to reach consensus during the daily scrum
- Lead the team to ensure that they stay focused and follow the agreed-upon rules for daily scrums
- Remove obstacles that are impeding the team’s progress
- Protect the team from outside distractions.
- Ensure that the team as a whole delivers against its outcomes and commitments, to the required level of quality.
- Helping the team to stay focused and follow the agreed-upon rules for daily scrums
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers, internal and external.
- Guiding the team on self-organising
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Educated to at least degree level in a Computer Science or associated discipline
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team, delivering commercial applications, that diligently apply Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various aspects of the Scrum approach e.g. Burndown technologies, Retrospectives, Bugs management etc.
- Strong JIRA and Confluence knowledge
- Strong knowledge of unit and integration testing approaches
- Knowledge of Git and SQL
- Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies, techniques and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, to achieve goals as agreed by within a self directed team
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Familiarity with CI or CD
- Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Knowledge of a variety of Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
To apply, send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com
** Please only apply if you are legally authorised to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future.