At PSL we care about our clients, colleagues and communities. We aim to delight our clients with our offer of a high-quality product and we believe that this can only be achieved by attracting and developing exceptional people into our business.
Our successful system, Phoebus, has strong foundations in our bespoke p4 language; and our goal is to continue to develop the product offer in support of our sustainable growth strategy. We believe that this is best achieved through the operation of agile methodologies and we are currently undergoing an exciting transformation to an agile way of working.
We would love to hear from established Developers who would enjoy the opportunity of learning a new language in an agile environment.
Developers at PSL provide several essential services to our Clients as a part of the core PSL product. The foundation of our product is a large JAVA and P4 application which is augmented with a variety of integrations, WEB and Digital services.
As a P4 Software Developer you will enjoy the opportunity to learn a new language and methodologies for delivering high quality technology services.
You will work closely with your multi-disciplined scrum team in delivering exceptional capabilities to delight our clients.
- Design, development and implementation of systems based on outline requirements and collaboration within your Scrum team and relevant stakeholders
- Proactively take accountability for the scrum team assigned deliveries
- Demonstrate the ability to efficiently investigate, diagnose and fix system issues
- To have a clear understanding of the application areas, development environment and project life cycle
- Develop a high-level understanding of relevant software and hardware in local use
- Produce program code and specifications to the required standards and quality
- Choose and apply appropriate methods, in an intelligent and effective way to deliver project deliverables
- Support system integration testing including input into test planning
- Produce effective written communication to the standard required
- Proactive identification and implementation of service improvements
- Accuracy of fixes demonstrated by minimal/zero downtime of five systems and by meeting the stated SLA
- To highlight risks and suggest solutions to ensure effective delivery
- Maintain accurate information detailing actions required/undertaken
- Five years’ demonstrable experience within a commercial software development environment
- Commercial knowledge and experience of developing back-end software
- Experience of the full project lifecycle
- Knowledge of GIT and SQL
- Willingness to learn new technologies and agile methods
- Experience of agile project methodologies, in particular Scrum
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience of communicating with clients and building relationships
- Curious to learn new technologies
- Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Exposure to financial services systems for savings or mortgages
- P4 Development – training will be provided
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Knowledge of Liquibase
To apply, send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com
** Please only apply if you are legally authorised to work in the UK and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future.